|Company Name||Field Fastener|
|Location||Machesney Park, Illinois|
|Date Posted||January 7, 2015|
Field is a full-service, data-driven, on-demand engineering partner with a unique, technical approach to inventory management and supply chain solutions for fasteners and other small components. Field is the best in the industry at lowering our customers’ total cost of fastening. We don’t just say that, we contractually guarantee it.
When manufacturers partner with Field, they’re partnering with experts who will enable their organization to run more efficiently and more profitably. Our fastening expertise is not limited to one or two engineers; it’s pervasive throughout the organization, which is why training our team is so important. From our owners, to technical sales, to VMI onsite reps, to account managers, to our actual engineering group, no one knows more about fastening than Field. We’re proud of the fact that Field’s technical approach to fastening and our empowered team of experts have yielded 20% year-on-year growth since 1990
OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE – CHICAGO
We are seeking an experienced sales professional who resides in the Chicago area and is familiar with businesses in that area. This position will be responsible for increasing profitable sales in and around Chicago by $2,000,000 within 2 years through aggressive account development (hunting) as well as emphasis on servicing and growing an existing customer base (farming). We are primarily seeking candidates with past success in new account development/sales growth. While approximately some portion of time will be spent on “farming”, the majority of time will be focused will be on “hunting” or new account development. The candidate must be someone who easily builds rapport and credibility, asks a lot of questions, and can sell based on Field’s value proposition and approach to selling. Training would be completed over the span of 3-6 months and would include a combination of both on-site training at our Machesney Park, IL office, travel and interaction with our existing sales staff, and remote training done electronically and through visits at existing customers in Chicago or elsewhere. The duration of the training will depend on the background and experience of the individual, as well as the ability to successfully grasp and employ Field’s approach to selling.
- Commit to FIELD’s Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Increase profitable sales in territory by $2,000,000 within 2 years.
- Provide insight and resolution to technical problems to lower costs for customers.
- Asks great questions and be a great listener.
- Build networks to create and foster new opportunities for revenue growth, while maintaining and growing existing customer base.
- Prioritize time based on ROI; works independently, and can successfully manage a long, complex selling cycle (4-12 months)
- Communicate technical problems and opportunities to all levels of the organization.
- Travel to customers and contacts in the Chicago area or other areas as needed which may require overnight stays.
- Develop large package pricing quotations based on market conditions and profit expectations.
- Excel in a team environment and feel comfortable challenging the status quo
- Develop and manage customer relationships while always maintaining professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to represent FIELD in a positive manner.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 3-8 years of industrial sales experience is required; fastener sales experience and/or VMI is desired. Preferably have connections or contacts at target OEMs to begin sales networking process, and have experience with consultative sales approach.
- Proven track record of successful results.
TECHNICAL SKILLS OR OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Mechanical aptitude consistent with the ability to communicate technical problems and opportunities to all levels of an organization.
- Ability to sell at all levels of organizations.
- Be comfortable using technology
- Project management skills: follow through the cycle of identifying opportunities, evaluating options and presenting alternatives and solutions.
- Ability and desire to work in a team environment and utilize the team in the selling process.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with rapidly shifting priorities.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently while being a strong team player.
- Polite and professional manner.
- Strong time management skills and detail orientation.
- Highly motivated, competitive, well organized, willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Strong work ethic consistent with requirements of a successful outside sales person.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or a related field is strongly desired but relevant work experience and training will be considered as well.
- Click on this link: https://ciims.cindexinc.com/job/dfd179 and follow the directions provided to complete the application process. This process will include: registration once you reach the site; selecting the Outside Sales Rep–Chicago position from the list of open positions; and completing a three-step application which includes responding to a two-page survey, answering of a series of ten questions, and uploading of a resume. Field Fastener is located at 9883 North Alpine Road, Machesney Park, Illinois.
- Contact Tim Firm, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com.
Field is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not make hiring and/or promotional decisions based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.
To apply for a posted position, please click APPLY NOW and follow the directions provided to complete the application process. This process will include: registration once you reach the site; selecting the position to which you wish to apply; and completing a three-step application which includes responding to a two-page survey, answering a series of questions, and uploading of a resume. Field Fastener is located at 9883 North Alpine Road, Machesney Park, Illinois.